My Guide Website?
George Town: Penang Island Half Day Tour (5 Hrs)10 Reviews
Drive through the historic streets of George Town on a half-day guided tour of Penang Island. See the Reclining Buddha Wat Chayamangkalaram Temple, explore Chew Jetty, and sip on delicious coffee.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Penang:If youʻre booking your trip to Penang last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- FullDay Pulau Penang Exploration with English Speaking Guide
- Private Penang City Tour with Kek Lok Si Temple
- Malaysia: eSIM Roaming Mobile Data Plan
- Penang: Self-Guided Audio Tour
- See the amazing reclining Buddha statue at the Wat Chayamangkalaram Thai Temple
- Drive along the historic streets of George Town to learn the fascinating history
- See the canons at Fort Cornwallis, a huge bastion fort built in the colonial era
- Explore Little India and then go to Chew Jetty and admire the houses on stilts
- Relax at Coffee Tree to finish up your trip in style with a cup of Penang coffee
DescriptionDiscover the Reclining Buddha Temple and Malaysia's tallest Buddha statue. Learn about the past and drive by the Kapitan Keling Mosque. Go to Chew Jetty, famous for the many houses on stilts. Sip on delicious coffee with a free sampling at Coffee Tree in George Town. Benefit from a hotel transfer. Meet your driver at the hotel, then hop into the car to start your tour. First, go to the Reclining Buddha Wat Chayamangkalaram, which is the oldest Thai temple in the state. Marvel at the fourth longest reclining Buddha statue in the world and other statues of mythical creatures in the temple. Next, cross the road and check out the Dharmikarama Burmese Temple if you want to see the tallest Buddha statue in Malaysia. Learn how these temples were built due to the settlement of the Thai and Burmese communities in Malaysia during the early 1800s. After this, enjoy a drive in George Town. Pass through these historic streets, which have been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and see Fort Cornwallis, Little India, Chew Jetty, and more. See the 19th-century Kapitan Keling Mosque, which was built by Indian traders. Then, gaze at the wooden stilts houses at Chew Jetty. Afterward, stop at Coffee Tree in George Town, and enjoy a free sample of delicious Penang white coffee and tea. Watch a pewter demonstration to learn about Malaysian handicrafts. Finally, sit back and relax as your driver drops you back to your hotel at the end of the trip.
IncludesAir-conditioned vehicle English-speaking driver Hotel pickup and drop-off (city center 1km radius only) Private transportation Coffee sample
- Make sure to eat breakfast before you start the activity.